Restock in mid-December!
Introducing Reflex Adapt: a revolutionary gaming device with the power to provide ultimate control. With minimal latency, input response times are improved, empowering gamers to respond faster to unpredictable changes and take on even the most dynamic gaming challenges. Experience gaming with a responsiveness never seen before, and take your gaming to the next level!
How does it work?
Connect your controller to the HDMI-style controller adapters, then insert the HDMI adapter into the Reflex Adapt. Finally, connect the Reflex Adapt into your PC, MiSTer, or PS3.
Why does latency matter?
Latency is a key component in gaming, even if you can't detect it. When a button is pressed, the controller transmits the data to the console/computer, which verifies inputs in separate phases. The speed of the controller adapter is integral, as it increases the likelihood of the button press registering within the same polling cycle (same frame). Most Reflex Adapt modes have 90% or higher same frame probability, with the remainder being 80%+. In comparison, standard wired USB controllers are 65% likely and Bluetooth controllers are 5% likely. Reflex Adapt all but eliminates input latency, and boasts a native 1ms polling interval.
- Lightning fast 0.84 ms to 2.92 ms average latency across all modes. That’s 2-8x faster than most usb controller converters, 5x faster than most native usb controllers and 15x faster than most wireless controllers.
- Native 1ms polling on PC, and MiSTer!
- USB Direct Input device compatible with Windows, Linux, MiSTer, and Steam Deck!
- OLED screen indicates controller mode, shows per-port controller detection, and provides live feedback of the inputs as they are pressed
- Change modes with a press of a dedicated button - multiple modes can be stored simultaneously (up to memory capacity - typically 3-5 modes)
- Individual mode input mapping on MiSTer (no shared mappings between modes)
- Custom software updater - works on PC, Linux, Mac, and even your MiSTer
- Open source firmware by Sonik
- Compatible with many devices with more possible in the future
- NES + SNES + Virtual Boy (2P)*
- Genesis + Saturn (2P)*
- PSX (2P) / GunCon (1P) / neGcon (1P) / JogCon (1P)**
- Neo-Geo (1P)
- PC-Engine (2P)
- 3DO (6P?)***
- Jaguar (1P)
- N64 (2P)
- GameCube (2P)
- Wii Classic (1P)
- Sega Master System, Atari 2600, Commodore 64 and Amiga (2P, digital pads)
- FM Towns, MSX, X68000 and PC-88/PC-98 (2P, digital pads)
* Any combination of these supported controllers
** Each mode is separate (no mixing)
*** Only 3 controllers tested so far but theoretically 6 can be used
- Reflex Adapt Device
- Premium 3 meter braided USB C to USB A cable
Reflex Adapt vs SNAC/SNAX?
SNAX has one advantage over Reflex Adapt: zero latency. Reflex adapt has 0.0007 to 0.003 seconds of latency. The only devices that won't work with Reflex Adapt are light guns and peripherals like memory cards.
|Devices Supported||MiSTer, PC, PS3||MiSTer|
|HDMI Controller Adapters||Yes||Yes|
|Required Port||Any USB port||User IO Port|
|Latency (in seconds)||0.0007-0.003||0|
|Light Gun Support||GunCon1 as USB (1P)||Core-native light guns|
|Rumble||Not currently||Yes (PSX currently)|
|Navigate MiSTer Menu||Yes||No|
|Any Controller with Any Core||Yes||No|
|OLED Controller Display||Yes||No|
|2 Player Support||NES, SNES, Virtual Boy, Genesis, Saturn, PCE, N64, GameCube, 3DO||NES, SNES, PSX, and N64 (WIP)|
|Multitap||SNES, Genesis, Saturn, 3DO (controller chaining)||SNES, PSX, Saturn (WIP)|
Windows/MacOS/Linux Firmware Updater:
- Run the executable for your operating system:
- Windows: reflex_updater.exe
- MacOS: reflex-macos
- Make sure you allow the untrusted code in System Preferences > Security, then run it again and acknowledge the warning again
- Linux x86 64bit: reflex-linux-x86_64
- Linux ARM: reflex-linux-armv7
- Select the desired firmware combo from the list and press enter
- Press the "RESET" button on Reflex Adapt when prompted
- Close the updater software
- Copy the reflex_updater.sh script to the “Scripts” folder of your MiSTer’s SD card
- Modify your sd card's MiSTer.ini file(s)
- CRT users, make sure you can see the output of scripts on your CRT or the updater won't work with one of these options:
- Option 1: fb_terminal=0
- Option 2: add these to MiSTer.ini to scale your Menu core to 15kHz (won't display on HDMI)
- Run reflex_updater.sh on your MiSTer by selecting it in the Scripts menu
- Run your preferred MiSTer updater to download the Reflex Adapt mappings
Discussion and Bug Reporting:
Discussion on my Discord Server
Bug reporting on Github Issues
Source code and firmware updater:
I've had it for a couple of weeks but I'm finally coming around to posting about it.
The adapt has a small cute screen, two buttons and a nice plastic shell.
It has many different modes, and can interface with many of the best old school controllers out there. You change between the different modes with the mode button, and select a mode for the controller you are using.
The device has limited storage space and you can select a few profiles that can be swapped between. Although this might seem like a hassle, it's made quick and easy through the updater program/script. This works on both PC and #misterfpga. The firmware is under active development, and new features are added all the time. One of the very unique features of the adapt is its "Jogcon" mode. The Namco Jogcon can be used as a Spinner, Paddle or Wheel, sensitivity and feedback can also easily be adjusted. Spinner mode is a awesome way to play Forgotten Worlds on the #misterfpga.
I recommend this great adapter to anyone looking for a easy and flexible way to use retro controllers via USB.
I posted some pictures and the same review on my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CzYMwqloWkF/
Created by the lord of low latency himself - what better product can accommodate all your OG controllers while adding minimal latency? This is a must have for retro gaming. Period. The firmware is always being updated, new controller support, firmware combos, and even more recently - latency IMPROVEMENTS.
This was a labor of love and it clearly shows. I recommend getting more than one as odds are these will continue to be out of stock as word catches on.
Does what it advertises, and does it very well!
My only criticism is that it cannot hold all of the controller profiles at once, so if you have a wide variety of controllers you must connect the Reflex Adapt to a PC from time to time for managing those profiles. The product description could be more clear about that point; nevertheless, this is a first generation device, and that is only a minor inconvenience, just something to keep in mind when purchasing. More memory is a feature I'd be willing to pay more for in the future.
very happy with the product, and after the delivery service "lost" the first parcel, Analogue was awesome , and without making a fuss sent me a second parcel that arrived the same week! I know things can take time before being ready, but once it is, they have a fantastic service!
Cant wait for my next order, the duo to arrive !
In all seriousness, the Reflex Adapt has made using some of my original controllers a joy. And being able to use the GunCon over USB is magical. It can't do literally everything (nothing can), but in those minor cases where something isn't supported, it's a great thing that this uses the same adapters as the SNAC boxes. And even then, I'm sure work to improve it even more will continue. At this price everything else is just gravy.
My MiSTer kit I bought from Porkchop a couple years ago is still going strong, and now I have even more ways to make it feel more authentic. Using my NeoGeo Pad 2 for arcade games on this is amazing. Keep up the good work!
Oh yeah, and it really does come with a very nice USB cable.