Same but different
Well, the time has finally come. I started working on these cases before COVID hit the majority of the world. Since it's easy to blame delays on pandemics, let's just say that my dog ate my homework.
INITIAL SALE: 11/28/20 at 16:00 EST
A few notes up front:
- The install is tricky. I've done 2 so far and the second was definitely easier. I'll post a video prior to sales going live so you can see if it's something you're up for. If you have a bit of patience, and can follow instructions, it's not too bad, but there are a few tricky parts.
- For those who opt to not install themselves, there may be a backlog. I just got these in hand today so I don't have a bunch of kits set up.
- Only standard IO boards for now - I have the replacement digital IO panels but I'm missing the plugs for the ADC In port.
- The IO Standard's Sync on Green (SOG) switch (which is also the Digital IO's power switch) is simply labeled "ON OFF" so it's universal.
- The gray ended up lighter than the prototype. It looks silver in direct light, and dark gray in low light :)
- I'm waiting on shipping boxes so these orders may be delayed
This release will be for 1/4 of the total cases ordered. The other 3/4 of the cases will be here in a few months.
My TESTING has demonstrated adequate cooling without a fan. This should be true of virtually all cores, but I can't guarantee 100 MHz ao486. Then again, active cooling can't guarantee that either :)
The light pipes are press-fit. When opening the accessory bag, do it over an open container so you don't lose track of them. They're small, and clear. A medium amount of pressure is required to insert them - they definitely won't fall out :)