Excited about getting into the MiSTer project but not sure how to get started? Buy a preconfigured micro SD card! The card comes pre-configured for a simple plug-and-play experience.
The official SD card installer, Mr. Fusion, is cross-platform and works the same way that Raspberry Pi SD images do:
- Burn the image to an SD card using dd, Etcher, etc.,
- Plug it into the MiSTer, let it boot at which point it expands its filesystem
- Connect to either wifi (using the script on the SD card and a supported wifi dongle), or ethernet
- Run the update script from the DE10-nano, to get the cores and system files.
There is a Linux / Mac OS script available here if you feel so inclined: https://github.com/michaelshmitty/SD-Installer-macos_MiSTer
Please allow a minimum 3 day lead time to acquire and configure. Large quantities of micro SD cards will not be kept on hand.
- SanDisk, Samsung, Lexar, or similar, micro SD card pre-installed with official menu and cores
What's not included
- Games of any kind (user adds own games to pre-created folders on micro SD card)
- Unofficial and beta cores
- Original box and packaging
I just got back yesterday and have not done anything with the SD card. I am assuming I just put in the MiSter and it installs the folders??