CURRENTLY INVESTIGATING SNAC ISSUES WITH MT32-PI x SNAC. PLEASE ONLY BUY FOR MT32-PI USAGE FOR NOW. IF YOU DO TEST SNAC FUNCTIONALITY, PLEASE REPORT BACK TO ME. PRICE IS DISCOUNTED DUE TO THE INCONVENIENCE. SORRY AND THANKS :)
MT32-Pi is bare metal Raspberry Pi emulation of the popular Roland MT32 MIDI device. It was created by D0pefish.
Raspberry Pi not included :)
- MT32-Pi x SNAC: one cable, two devices! Switch between the MT32 and SNAC using the toggle switch. Includes USB 3.0 to USB 3.0 cable. Perfect for lovers of console and computer alike!
- Pairs well with the bracket and aluminum case :)
- SNAC supports NES, SNES, and Genesis
- Works with Pi Zero 2 W, 3A+, 3B, and 4 (not included)
- Includes PCB shim for use with Pi Zero 2 W
- Includes USB 3 male to male cable
- Aluminum case Bracket: Get this to mount your MT32-Pi and Raspberry Pi 3A+, 3B, 4 or Zero 2 W to the MiSTer Addons aluminum case. Includes mounting hardware and spacers for the Pi (including a small shim for the Zero 2 W), and MT32-Pi PCBs.
- Does NOT include USB 3 cable
Follow the steps here: https://github.com/dwhinham/mt32-pi/wiki/MiSTer-FPGA%3A-Setup-and-usage
- Edit mt32-pi.cfg and replace "scheme = simple_buttons" with "scheme = simple_encoder" or download my mt32-pi.cfg
- When you power on the mt32-pi, you should see a MiSTer splash screen. If not, check the cable connecting to the mt32-pi to the User port.
MT32-Pi + Accessories
Easy to assembly and moderately easy to setup on the software side. But for the systems that support MIDI this is absolutely AMAZING!!! Sounds almost exactly as I remember way back in the golden ages of gaming! The only drawback was that it took a while longer than I planned to get a Pi3 Model A+ so I could utilize the MT32-PI.
I ordered the MT32 Hat about a month or more ago and set out to pick up a Raspberry PI 3a+. I was struggling to find one but finally did at about double MSRP. I was reading that there would be no more for the general public and there are talks of no more production in Jan 2023. Anyways the Hat is setup and working great. I also bought the bracket even though I have an acrylic case (Sorry Mister Addons but I am a sucker for LEDs). I mounted it to the case and although not a direct bolt up it looks like it belongs there to me. I recommend the Mister Addons Hat over others out there especially as it offers the encoder dial. Thanks Mister Addons for the great support and quick deliveries! I will be back for some more SDRAM and Real Time Clock soon.
MT32-Pi + Accessories
This makes games on the ao486 sound amazing! I was definitely missing out as a kid.
However the kit without the case bracket doesn't come with any screws to connect the raspberry pi to the standoffs. So it is only hanging on by the pins.
Not a killer but not as secure as I'd like.