CURRENTLY INVESTIGATING SNAC ISSUES WITH MT32-PI x SNAC. PLEASE ONLY BUY FOR MT32-PI USAGE FOR NOW. IF YOU DO TEST SNAC FUNCTIONALITY, PLEASE REPORT BACK TO ME. PRICE IS DISCOUNTED DUE TO THE INCONVENIENCE. SORRY AND THANKS :)
MT32-Pi is bare metal Raspberry Pi emulation of the popular Roland MT32 MIDI device. It was created by D0pefish.
Raspberry Pi not included :)
- MT32-Pi x SNAC: one cable, two devices! Switch between the MT32 and SNAC using the toggle switch. Includes USB 3.0 to USB 3.0 cable. Perfect for lovers of console and computer alike!
- Pairs well with the bracket and aluminum case :)
- SNAC supports NES, SNES, and Genesis
- Works with Pi Zero 2 W, 3A+, 3B, and 4 (not included)
- Includes PCB shim for use with Pi Zero 2 W
- Includes USB 3 male to male cable
- Aluminum case Bracket: Get this to mount your MT32-Pi and Raspberry Pi 3A+, 3B, 4 or Zero 2 W to the MiSTer Addons aluminum case. Includes mounting hardware and spacers for the Pi (including a small shim for the Zero 2 W), and MT32-Pi PCBs.
- Does NOT include USB 3 cable
Follow the steps here: https://github.com/dwhinham/mt32-pi/wiki/MiSTer-FPGA%3A-Setup-and-usage
- Edit mt32-pi.cfg and replace "scheme = simple_buttons" with "scheme = simple_encoder" or download my mt32-pi.cfg
- When you power on the mt32-pi, you should see a MiSTer splash screen. If not, check the cable connecting to the mt32-pi to the User port.
Castlevania for the X68000 with the MT32-Pi is quite the amazing experience! Just make sure you disable the low voltage warnings, otherwise it will cause interference.
Really easy to put together and looks great set up next to your mister
Both items came in packaged well. I cannot use the Hat yet as I am trying to track down a pi 3 but looking forward to getting it going.
Absolutely top notch build quality, although the potentiometer knob did not match the cap that was provided very well. It worked perfectly for SNAC functionality out of the box. The MT-32 Pi aspect was not unfortunately. I was able to troubleshoot this issue using a separate Mister my friend had and came to the conclusion that it was my I/O board not sending the audio back out through the HDMI port. If you are experiencing issues where the SNAC port is working and everything seems to work fine on the MT-32 side with the OLED screen and everything working but you are not getting the synth sound, it's most likely an issue with the I/O board and not the Mt32-Pi board itself.
Works great! I'm very happy with it overall. My one complaint is the USB cable. The included cable requires you to twist one end in an awkward angle, and that puts a little mechanical stress on the connector, as well as just looking janky. A custom USB cable would be preferred, but it's not a big deal.